Optimal Glutathione Plus
Vendor: Seeking Health
- Easy-to-take capsule form with supportive nutrient cofactors
- May help support the body’s glutathione recycling processes
- May help support healthy free-radical defenses
- May help support liver, kidney, lung, and intestinal health
- May help support a healthy immune system
Optimal Glutathione Plus capsules contain 100 mg of S-Acetyl-L-Glutathione per acid-resistant capsule, along with vitamins and minerals that are essential for the body’s glutathione recycling process.
As the body’s master antioxidant, glutathione can be found in every cell of the human body where it’s involved in critical enzymatic reactions that neutralize potentially damaging free radicals and peroxides. This important antioxidant is essential in supporting the body’s cellular defenses and immune system to function at full capacity.
In addition to its role as a cell protectant, glutathione may also help to maintain normal protein structures within the body, marking certain molecules for elimination as waste in the liver. It may also support detoxification pathways and healthy functioning of the liver, kidneys, lungs, and intestinal tract.
Glutathione is present in the body in two forms: reduced and oxidized. It is the reduced form that acts as an important antioxidant. Once reduced glutathione has donated its free electron to neutralize a free radical, it is transformed into the oxidized form. The body must then regenerate reduced glutathione via enzymatic reactions which require specific vitamins and minerals as cofactors. Optimal Glutathione Plus includes these complementary nutrients to support glutathione recycling and healthy glutathione levels.
The targeted ingredients found in Optimal Glutathione Plus are designed to provide the following benefits and actions:*
- S-Acetyl-L-Glutathione is an acetylated form of glutathione, thought to be more bioavailable to the body compared to non-acetylated forms. This stable, lipid-like form of glutathione converts to reduced glutathione and has been shown to effectively increase reduced glutathione levels in the body.
- Riboflavin helps the body to recycle glutathione by serving as a cofactor for the enzyme glutathione reductase, which catalyzes the conversion of oxidized glutathione back to its reduced, active form.
- Selenium helps the body to recycle glutathione by serving as a cofactor for the enzyme glutathione peroxidase, an important enzyme involved in cellular antioxidant defense systems.
- Molybdenum is an essential trace mineral involved in sulfate-sulfite conversion, a process that can affect glutathione levels if not functioning efficiently. Molybdenum also supports normal waste production occurring in the kidneys.
- PQQ is a small quinone molecule that may help support cellular energy production as well as the body’s defenses against oxidative damage. PQQ can be used over and over again in redox reactions by conversion back into its active form. Along with molybdenum, PQQ helps to protect glutathione and to support metabolism of unwanted reactive oxygen species.