MetaPure EPA/DHA Liquid
Highly Purified And Concentrated Fish Oil
In healthy people, MetaPure EPA/DHA Liquid has been shown to or may:
- High strength, purified fish oil.
- Temporarily relieve the pain and inflammation from mild arthritis and improve mood and cognition.
- Maintain healthy triglyceride levels and cardiovascular function.
- Easy, once a day prescribing and pleasant Citrus Berry flavour for improved compliance.
- A meta-analysis of 17 randomised, controlled trials assessed the effectiveness of EPA and DHA in relieving joint pain and inflammation:The results reported a significant reduction in joint pain intensity, joint swelling, morning stiffness and the number of painful and/or tender joints at a dose of 2.7 grams per day.1 EPA and DHA exert anti-inflammatory and pain relieving actions via the following mechanisms: - Suppression of COX-2 expression and the inflammatory cytokines interleukin (IL)-1 alpha and tumour necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha.5 - Inhibition of Leukotriene B4 (LTB4) and reduced serum C-reactive protein levels shown in in vitro and clinical trials.6,7,8
- 2.6 grams of EPA and DHA has been shown, in a randomised, placebo controlled study of 138 healthy males, to assist in the maintenance of triglycerides within the normal range.The study reported a significant difference in triglyceride levels by 32% in the group taking 2.6 g of EPA and DHA. The study indicated that there was a direct correlation between increased dosage and improved results.2
- A randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trial measured the mood and cognitive effects of fish oil: After 35 days, 2.4 grams of EPA and DHA was associated with an improvement in brain functions associated with attention, particularly those involving the cortical processing. There was also a significant improvement in mood states including anger, anxiety, fatigue and confusion.4
- High quality, purified fish oil: Metagenics Fish Oils are sourced from small, cold water fish using eco-fishing practices. The fish oil is molecularly distilled to ensure purity, stability and compliance with low levels of contaminants. In accordance with our leading stance on quality and purity, we have ensured that the fish oil concentrates are well below the Australian allowable levels of heavy metals, pesticides and solvents.