Vendor: Thorne Research
Although you might rely on vitamin C only during the winter months, this vitamin can support your overall health every day. Vitamin C has many roles in your body and is linked to impressive health benefits, including immune function, collagen formation, and supporting liver detoxification.
Because vitamin C is an essential vitamin that the body can’t product, it must be consumed in the daily diet or by supplementation.
Thorne’s Ascorbic Acid is the highest dose of vitamin C you can get in any of Thorne’s encapsulated vitamin C products.
Benefits of Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C):
- Promotes optimal immune function.
- Important in collagen production, which enhances skin, nail, and hair health.
- Supports healthy tissue and cartilage formation, a benefit during wound healing and injury repair.
- Plays a role in phase I liver detoxification, plus its antioxidant properties help protect against the toxic effects of heavy metals.
- Helps increase glutathione, a potent antioxidant necessary for supporting phase II liver detoxification.
- The benefits of collagen production, its antioxidant status, and immune support make vitamin C an important nutrient for surgery patients to support wound healing.